It’s a fact that play in nature is essential for children’s physical, cognitive, emotional and social development. We are passionately advocating for nature play in urban areas, while incorporating our innovative sensory arts programming, designed to nurture each child’s growth. This is what prompted us to create an outdoor classroom and Nature Playground, the centerpiece of community building at our Bucktown location.
Private Family Rental Timeslots
Enjoy the full run of the nature playground with a 55 minute timeslot just for your family!
- Saturdays and Sundays at 12 PM, 1 PM, 2 PM, 3 PM & 4 PM
- $50 for a 55-minute booking
- All non-nature surfaces are sanitized between groups, and only your family is allowed access during your reserved time.
- Please do not bring guests or children outside of your household – we are only able to accommodate individual households at this time.
- If you need to enter the building to use the restroom, masks are required for ages 2 and up.
- Optional soaker mist hose can help you cool off if it’s a hot day!
- When you arrive, call us to check in: 312-944-7677
Private Birthday Parties
Check out our birthday page for more info on private birthday parties on the playground, Saturdays and Sundays at 10 AM.
Why a nature playground?
A nature playground is different from a traditional playground in that it uses natural and open ended materials to facilitate and inspire play.
- Natural play helps children connect to and engage with the natural world
- Naturalized learning and play environments help children develop intellectual, emotional, social and cognitive skills (a playground for Whole Child Development)
- Opportunities for immersive natural play are shown to increase creativity, problem solving, and reduce stress.
This playground will also facilitate social interaction and problem solving in that it will provide not just a structure for students to play on, but many open-ended, natural materials for students to play with, reshaping and recreating the playground as they interact with it.