NEW PARENT AND BABY
Join our new parent seminar class, or nurture your baby’s development through live music and movement.
BCBaby's First Year at Bubbles
Bubbles Academy and Bump Club and Beyond have joined forces to provide new parents a comprehensive experience to navigate the early stages of parenthood.
This session is an opportunity to meet other new parents, discover strategies for your new lifestage, and obtain advice from some of the best experts in Chicago along the way. Each week will include an expert seminar followed by time to hang out, snack, and have a “playdate” with your new mom friends. There will be many fun BCB surprises and gifts from their partners along the way including gift bags, giveaways and more!
Our Seven Weeks Together will include:
- The Transition to Becoming a Mom and Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Kelley Kitley
- Breastfeeding 201: Pumping, storing and bottle feeding with Lactation Partners
- Early Sleep Strategies with Janeen Hayward of Swellbeing
- Infant Massage
- Travel and Playtime with Baby
- Baby’s First Music class, Baby Sign Language, Playtime for Baby and Healthy Development with Bubbles Academy teachers
Price: $210 for seven weeks/ BCB VIPs $185
The Class Includes:
- Weekly session with expert speakers
- BCB bonuses (Free products, samples, giveaways & more!)
- Time to mingle and connect with other new moms
Babies and caregivers will enjoy bonding, growing and making new connections. Each class includes learning experiences such as: instrument play, sign language, parachute-time, rhymes and finger-plays, tummy-time and expert guidance from Bubbles Academy teaching artists.
Cognitive Development: Your baby is at a rich stage in development. Our baby music class supports healthy brain activity as your baby is exposed to a new environment, faces and sounds, as well as new movements he or she will experience in class.
Sensory Development: Sight, Sound & Touch
- We creatively incorporate puppet characters into our baby class to serve as a new texture for baby to feel.
- Colorful scarves, puppets and the parachute are bright sources of visual stimulation.
- Your teacher leads peek-a-boo games to help your child to understand object permanence.
- Bubble Babies is flooded with songs and rhymes that provide your child with the opportunity to imitate both rhythm and pitch even before they are able to make formal speech sounds.
- Your teacher introduces baby sign language practice. The symbols, gestures and eye-to-eye contact involved in signing with your baby provide a strong foundation for his or her language development.
- During our jam-a-long time, we experiment with mini shakers and instruments to develop fine motor skills and to gauge your child’s response to sounds.
- Our finger plays are easily learned songs that incite active clapping and kicking, as well as benefit language development.
- Tummy Time during class strengthens young muscles, and it develops your child’s wrist strength, which is necessary for fine motor skills.
- Our joy-filled group dances focus on your child’s core and strengthen their head, neck and shoulder muscles.
- Bouncy songs, sung while baby lays within the lap, encourage rocking side to side to help build the gross motor ability needed to move into a seated position from a side-lying pose.
Social Emotional Development: Our goal is to create a mutually loved experience for you and your child. With music as the tie, the youngest of children interact with each other and discover their own individual personalities!
New Parent Membership
Join us for a session of unlimited music, baby core development and play group options – perfect for maternity or paternity leave.
$200 for your first session of unlimited membership at Bubbles Academy for your baby aged 0 – 5 months (at the start of the session).
We offer you access to a compassionate team of teaching artists; a bright community of families to form lifelong friendships with, and overall piece of mind that the experiences enjoyed with us invaluably contribute to your child’s growth, happiness and confidence.