NEW PARENT AND BABY
Join our new parent 4th Trimester Village, or nurture your baby’s development through live music and movement.
4th Trimester Village
New parents can join The Village for strategies and support for the 4th Trimester, and obtain advice from some of the best experts in Chicago. Weekly meet-ups include an expert guest on topics like sleep, feeding, car seat safety, self care, mom health, as well as unique bonding experiences like baby’s first music class, sensory art, and mom & baby yoga.
We all know it too well - The sleepless nights, the crazy feeding schedule, not knowing the last time you took a shower... all for that sweet little squishy bundle of love that you’re just getting to know. We’ve been there in that wild and wonderful 4th trimester, and we know it truly takes a Village.
- Meets every Tuesday from 2-4 PM
- Recommended for parents of babies ages 0-6 M
- Join for 4, 8, or 12 weeks, starting anytime
- Drop-ins available
- Onsite parking included
- Between weekly sessions, stay connected with The Village and the experts in a private Facebook group
A portion of the class fee goes to providing support for new moms in underserved areas of Chicago through Advocates for Adolescent Mothers and Association House of Chicago, via Whole Child Arts.
Nurture baby’s development through live music and movement. Babies and caregivers will enjoy bonding, growing and making new connections. Each class includes learning experiences such as: instrument play, sign language, rhymes and finger-plays, tummy-time and expert guidance from Bubbles Academy teaching artists.
Cognitive Development: Your baby is at a rich stage in development. Our baby music class supports healthy brain activity as your baby is exposed to a new environment, faces and sounds, as well as new movements he or she will experience in class.
Sensory Development: Sight, Sound & Touch
- We creatively incorporate puppet characters into our baby class to serve as a new texture for baby to feel.
- Colorful scarves, puppets and the parachute are bright sources of visual stimulation.
- Your teacher leads peek-a-boo games to help your child to understand object permanence.
- Bubble Babies is flooded with songs and rhymes that provide your child with the opportunity to imitate both rhythm and pitch even before they are able to make formal speech sounds.
- Your teacher introduces baby sign language practice. The symbols, gestures and eye-to-eye contact involved in signing with your baby provide a strong foundation for his or her language development.
- During our jam-a-long time, we experiment with mini shakers and instruments to develop fine motor skills and to gauge your child’s response to sounds.
- Our finger plays are easily learned songs that incite active clapping and kicking, as well as benefit language development.
- Tummy Time during class strengthens young muscles, and it develops your child’s wrist strength, which is necessary for fine motor skills.
- Our joy-filled group dances focus on your child’s core and strengthen their head, neck and shoulder muscles.
- Bouncy songs, sung while baby lays within the lap, encourage rocking side to side to help build the gross motor ability needed to move into a seated position from a side-lying pose.
Social Emotional Development: Our goal is to create a mutually loved experience for you and your child. With music as the tie, the youngest of children interact with each other and discover their own individual personalities!