Speech, occupational, and physical therapy offered at Bubbles Academy through Dimond Therapy and Tutoring.
We are proud to partner with Dimond Pediatric Therapy & Tutoring to offer speech, occupational, and physical therapy at Bubbles Academy for children from the first year of life through high school. The services that the Dimond Group brings to Bubbles only furthers our mission of encouraging children’s confidence, curiosity and creativity as they prepare to be life-long learners and empathetic members of our community.
Why Dimond Group
The Dimond Group takes a holistic approach to therapy and tutoring, treating mental and social factors as well as physical symptoms. They truly care about you and your child’s happiness as well as success. Dimond Pediatric Therapy is experienced, dedicated, and has special training treating children with a variety of delays and diagnosis and are also able to help children with math and reading. Dimond Therapy and Tutoring also supports parents and adults by providing educational programs and workshops.
Why Bubbles Academy
Dimond Group shares the core philosophies of Bubbles Academy. We believe that Bubbles Academy leads children down a wonderful path and we will offer services to help habilitate children so they are able to function, explore, and learn to the best of their ability in the Bubbles Academy environment they know and love.
Pediatric Therapy Services
If your child is a later talker, has trouble making sentences, displays sound or articulation errors, stutters, experiences difficulty with processing, or understanding or expressing language pediatric speech therapy can help. Pediatric speech therapy treats communication challenges, both expressive and receptive, that cause children to have difficulty with verbal communication. Speech therapy also treats oral motor concerns, such as chewing and swallowing, as well as articulation, auditory processing and social skills.
Physical therapy might be needed any time a problem with movement limits someone’s daily activities. Physical therapists use a variety of treatments to help build strength, improve movement, and strengthen skills needed to complete daily activities.
Physical therapists help children with:
- Developmental activities, such as crawling and walking
- Balance and coordination activities
- Adaptive play
- Aquatic (water) therapy
- Improving circulation around injuries by using heat, cold, exercise, electrical stimulation, massage, and ultrasound
- Training to build strength around an injury
- Flexibility exercises to increase range of motion
- Instruction on how to avoid injuries
- Safety and prevention programs
A child’s main job is playing and learning, and occupational therapists can evaluate kids’ skills for playing, school performance, and daily activities and compare them with what is developmentally appropriate for that age group.
Occupational therapists are able to:
- Help kids work on fine motor skills so they can grasp and release toys and develop good handwriting skills
- Address hand–eye coordination to improve kids’ play and school skills (hitting a target, batting a ball, copying from a blackboard, etc.)
- Help kids with severe developmental delays learn basic tasks (such as bathing, getting dressed, brushing their teeth, and feeding themselves)
- Help kids with behavioral disorders maintain positive behaviors in all environments (e.g., instead of hitting others or acting out, using positive ways to deal with anger, such as writing about feelings or participating in a physical activity)
- Teach kids with physical disabilities the coordination skills needed to feed themselves, use a computer, or increase the speed and legibility of their handwriting
- Evaluate a child’s need for specialized equipment, such as wheelchairs, splints, bathing equipment, dressing devices, or communication aids
- Work with kids who have sensory and attentional issues to improve focus and social skills
Our reading tutors help struggling reading get ahead. Our tutors work with children with dyslexia and phonological awareness difficulties as well as children who just want to become better readers. They instill a love for reading that will last a lifetime.
Math tutors help children and adults learn the skills they need for success. Our math tutors have extensive experience and want our kids to love numbers! Math tutors are available to help children and adults learn the skills they need for success. Our math tutors have extensive experience and enjoy working with learners to improve math skills. Math tutoring sessions could include enrichment, remediation, or test prep. Any adults interested in a refresher math course? Maybe you want to review Algebra before your child takes the class at school or just miss doing fun math problems…if so, let us know.