- Open Play
- Make-up Policy
- Free Trial Classes
- Drop-in Policy
- Cancellation Policy
- Free Sibling Care
- Registration guarantee
- Gift Cards
- Class Reminders
- Free Wi-Fi and Free Coffee
What is Bubble Open Play?
This is our freestyle playtime, and a great opportunity to meet other parents and make new friends! Visit Open Play page for current hours. Registered families receive unlimited free admission during the session they are enrolled.
What is your Make-up Policy?
If you are absent, you can do a make-up class! Up to three make-ups may be scheduled per session (in any age appropriate class).
- Call to schedule your make-up no more than seven days in advance of your make-up. We do not allow make-ups in full classes; please call ahead to check availability.
- When a make-up is scheduled, it counts as used. If you do not use your make-ups in your currently enrolled session, they expire on the last day of your session, unless you re-enroll.
- Make-ups only roll over if your family re-enrolls for the entire next session. These rollovers may be used in addition to current session make-ups. Rollover make-ups expire at the end of their rollover session.
- Make-ups cannot be utilized in Bubble Step or Aqua Bubbles classes. Questions? Call us at 312-944-7677.
My friend would like to try a class. Can she use one of my make-ups?
Make-ups only transfer between siblings. A friend can drop-in to one of our classes for a drop-in fee. A first time trial class is free! Call to check availability.
Can I drop-in to try any class?
Yes — we encourage you to do so!
- A first-time trial class is free to participate in.
- If you have already tried a class but would like to participate again, the charge is our drop-in fee.
- We do not allow make-ups, trials or drop-ins in Bubble Step or Aqua Bubbles due to the nature of the programs.
- Please call ahead (312-944-7677). Unfortunately, due to enrollment some classes may be at their limit.
- You may call an hour before a class to see if any child has called out absent. In this case we may make an exception.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you would like to discontinue with your class, we must be notified before the third class to receive a prorated refund for the rest of the session. Therefore, if there are five or less weeks left in a class, no refund will be given.
What if my child is not feeling well?
If your child is showing the following symptoms of illness, or if they have been diagnosed with any infectious diseases, we ask that you keep your child home. Examples of symptoms include:
- A fever within the past 24 hours
- Nausea or Vomiting
- A constant runny nose or cough not caused by allergies
- A rash that has not been checked by a doctor
Once your child has fully recovered, please call to schedule your make-ups.
If my infant is asleep in his carrier, can I bring him into my older daughter’s class?
Yes and no. We allow sleeping infants, in carriers, 2 months and under to be brought into an older sibling’s class. Should your infant begin to cry, we ask that you bring your other child with you to drop the infant off in the Sibling Care Center and then return to class with your older child. At 3 months of age, all siblings must stay in the Sibling Care Center. Our Sibling Care Center is staffed to accommodate all children up to the age of 7-years-old.
- In Lake Forest? If your second child is younger than 3 months, he or she can go into class in a carrier. If your child is older than 3 months or under 7 years, we ask that you make outside child care arrangements or use Gorton’s Drop-In Center so you can enjoy class with your other child.
What is the Sibling Care Center? FREE!
This is where we offer our sibling care service when classes are in session (available Monday – Friday, 9:00 to 1:00 p.m.). This allows you to attend class with one child while the sibling is cared for in the Sibling Care Center. There is no for this service, but you must call in advance (312-944-7677) to reserve a spot, as space is limited.
The reason we have the Sibling Care Center is to provide a convenience to parents with multiple children so that they do not have to coordinate outside childcare. Most importantly, we hope that Mom, Dad or caregiver can focus in on the one child who is taking the class while the other child is playing in the Sibling Care Center. Also, the Sibling Care Center keeps the class from losing its focus if a second child starts to cry or needs attention.
Can another member of my family come to class?
Absolutely! Any adult family member can attend class with you. We welcome infants under 3-months-old and children over 7-years-old for free into class with a registered sibling. Babies should be asleep or resting in a carrier, and older siblings can set a great example as a teacher’s helper.
All children between the age of 4 months and 7 years must be fully registered to be in the classroom. If your second child is between 4 months and 7-years-old and is not a registered student in the class, a second parent or caregiver may play in the Sibling Care Center attached to the Ocean Room, enjoy the space next to the Meadow Room or play upstairs in our Tree House lounge.
If I am currently registered in a class, am I guaranteed a space in the same class for the following session?
No. To secure your space you must re-register either on-line or by calling our office. Families currently registered in classes are notified when a new schedule is available several days before a general e-mail blast is sent out.
Where can I park?
- Bubbles Academy families have free access, on a first-come first-serve basis, to the nearby, public LAZ Parking lot on N Fremont. Your parking permit for the LAZ Parking lot is available via email (email@example.com), or may be obtained in our office. Please allow for up to three hours response time. Big Bubble is monitored M-F, 9-5 p.m.
- Additional free parking is available for Bubbles Academy families at the Standard Parking garage on N Sheffield (chaser may be obtained after class from our front office to cover parking fee).
- The Standard Parking garage located on the southwest corner of Dayton and Eastman Streets near the REI store and British School is the third option and a pay-to-park facility. Please ask for a validated ticket for this lot at our front desk, which will reduce your parking fee.
Do you sell gift cards?
You can stop by or call us at 312-944-7677 to purchase a Bubbles Academy gift card in any amount. If you call in, we can then mail you the gift card, or you can pick it up at our facility at your convenience. Our gift cards never expire and can be used towards anything here at Bubbles Academy.
- We kindly ask that you refrain from using your cell phones during class.
- Please don’t bring shoes, food or drinks into our Meadow & Mountain Rooms or Sibling Care Center.
- We are a nut-free facility.
- Diapers should be changed only in the designated areas in our rest rooms.
Questions? Call 312-944-7677. View our current class schedule!